Current Career Opportunities
At this time there are no open positions.
We will, however, accept your CV for future consideration.
General / Family Practitioner - Hythe
How to Apply
Specialty: General / Family Practitioner
Position Type: Permanent: full-time
Number of Positions Available: 1
Start Date: October 15, 2014 Position has been filled
Location: Village of Hythe
Qualifications & Experience:
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) (required)
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) (desired)
Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) (required)
Clinic Name: Hythe Medical Clinic
Clinic Type: Group Practice
This clinic is a member of a Primary Care Network.
The new medical clinic in Hythe opened in 2009 and is home to two doctors who run their office with full computer links to regional laboratory and diagnostic services; a pharmacy and seniors lodge.
The Hythe Continuing Care Centre is a freestanding accredited facility which includes 30 Nursing Home and 1 Respite bed; just a walk across the street from the Medical Clinic. The Hythe Nursing Home Foundation is an 8-member board that is kept apprised of the needs at the Care Centre that are identified by staff, residents and residents families. The Foundation fund-raises to provide funds for equipment, renovations and furnishings.
Four doctors in the neighboring Town of Beaverlodge, 14 kilometers east, work out of a clinic in that community, sharing privileges at the Beaverlodge Municipal Hospital.
Seeing over 24,000 emergency room and outpatients visitors a year, the Beaverlodge Municipal Hospital is an active 18-bed acute care centre that serves residents from the town of 2,100 and the foothill region reaching well into northeastern. B.C. Home to a staff of six physicians and a team of over 65 health care and support staff, the Beaverlodge Municipal Hospital provides 24-hour emergency care and basic obstetrical and medical services that range from pediatric to palliative care.
Hospital Name: Beaverlodge Municipal Hospital
No. of Inpatient Beds: 18
Inpatient Admissions: 489
Emergency Room Visits: 21,131
Laboratory Hours of Operation: 7:00-4:15 weekdays, 7:30-3:45 weekends
Kidney Dialysis Unit on Site: No
If No, approximate travel to the nearest service: 30 minutes
Cancer Treatment Services Available on Site: No
Approximate travel to the nearest service: 30 minutes
General / Family Practitioner - Beaverlodge
How to Apply
Qualifications & Experience:
Family Medicine Physician - Sexsmith
How to Apply
Specialty: Family Medicine Physician
Number of Positions Available: 1 (full-time or part-time available)
The two physicians in Sexsmith share an after-hours call rotation and in collaboration with the Saddle Hills PCN (Primary Care Network) serving Sexsmith, Beaverlodge, Hythe & Spirit River; provide after-hours minor emergency care to the residents of the Sexsmith and area.
The PCN provides access to physicians via telephone consultations. Patients are assessed with:
- recommendation to see patient after hours at the clinic
- recommendation to contact clinic during regular hours for less urgent situations
- recommendation to go to the nearest hospital
This online resource is backed by a municipal committee dedicated to the recruitment and retention of physicians in the County of Grande Prairie, including the communities of Sexsmith, Beaverlodge, Wembley and Hythe. It is also supported by organizations that include, Northern Alberta Development Council, Rural Physician Action Plan (RPAP), Alberta Health Services (doctorjobsalberta.com), Alberta Medical Association – Rural remote Northern Peace Region, Grande Prairie Tourism, Alberta Physicians, and DiscoverThePeaceCountry.com
A Glimpse of What a Career in The Peace Country Can Offer You
This site will streamline your search for the health care positions that are available in Grande Prairie, Beaverlodge, Hythe, Sexsmith and Wembley. This region, otherwise known as Peace Country, offers exciting opportunities for careers within Alberta's world-class health care system. Here's a glimpse at what the County of Grande Prairie has to offer your career:
- The region is home to more than 130,000 people
- Two hospitals, the Queen Elizabeth II Regional Hospital (a regional hospital located in the City of Grande Prairie) and Beaverlodge Municipal Hospital (Town of Beaverlodge), currently provide nearly 170 acute care beds and have specialists on staff. The Queen Elizabeth II Hospital treats over 100,000 outpatients each year, while Beaverlodge Municipal Hospital receives 25,000 to 30,000 outpatient visits per year - work as much as you like, there is a lot of earning potential here!
- Three modern medical clinics located in smaller communities throughout the County of Grande Prairie
- A new state-of-the-art hospital is set to open in the region in 2017 and promises to be a great resource for doctors practicing in the County of Grande Prairie.
- The Beaverlodge Health Complex, a brand-new building will offer 12 inpatient beds, 24/7 emergency care, labs, diagnostics and therapy departments. Latest technologies will keep the hospital connected to the greater health system and allow physicians to communicate freely with those in other areas. EMS and community health services, such as home care, will also be located in the complex, providing greater access and better quality service for the people in our community.
- A Cancer Centre where residents can receive the treatments they need from physicians and registered nurses without having to travel very far.
- The Peace Country is also supported by EMS, Western Air Rescue and the STARS Program, which together provide timely, emergency and critical care, in addition to air evacuation services.
For more information on establishing a career in the County of Grande Prairie, please contact us here.